Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

  1. Default Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    BREAKING NEWS: Suzuki begins cutting motorcycle, ATV dealers

    Publish Date:
    Mar 20, 2013


    By Mary Slepicka

    BREA, Calif. - Suzuki will be culling its U.S. dealer network after its Chapter 11 reorganization is finalized later this month, Dealernews has learned.
    Dealers this week began receiving letters from American Suzuki Motor Corp. (ASMC) notifying them whether their franchise would be picked up by Suzuki Motor America Inc., which is the name of the reorganized company and designated the "purchaser" in the Chapter 11 filing.
    "ASMC is assuming certain dealer agreements and other contracts and assigning them to Purchaser, while the majority of ASMC's contracts will be rejected," states the letter, which was obtained by Dealernews. Dealers whose contracts are not being renewed are being told that their franchise agreements will be rejected and they will no longer be authorized Suzuki dealers as of March 31.
    Cancelled dealers have until March 27 to file an "Other Settling Creditor Claim" to receive $10,000 in compensation. Suzuki also stated it will repurchase cancelled dealers' new motorcycle and ATV inventory, plus parts and accessories.
    Dealernews has contacted Suzuki for additional information and is awaiting a response. Check back here for further updates.
    R.I.P Smitty!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    ...solo suzuki...???...
    ...fubar bundy...

  3. #3

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    I`m not a Suzuki guy but this is fucked up.We need Suzuki to help fight off that junk Hardly invasion.I wonder if there will be a new busa after all.This is as bad as no more ding dongs and twinkies.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    lol, don't worry Kawasucki is next, they lost their ass huge retooling that hunka 14.5, still gen ones sitting whorehouses..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    On the buckle of the Bible Belt.
    Posts
    18,628

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    I wouldn't worry, Suzuki is just taking advantage of reorganization to rid itself of "under performing" dealers.

    In other news...Norton is moving into new digs. Donington Hall and Hastings Hall. Donington Hall will become their new HQs, and production will take place in Hastings Hall.

    Hope they don't over extend themselves.



    ===============================================================
    God is not on the side of the big Battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best. - Voltaire

  6. #6

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedMister View Post
    lol, don't worry Kawasucki is next, they lost their ass huge retooling that hunka 14.5, still gen ones sitting whorehouses..
    khi can shit suzuki assets.You`ll be dead before the kaw is done grassing.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Kawasaki is still producing cutting edge new technology, what's Suzuki do? Not even bring an entire model year to the US and when they do bring em back it's the same ol stale shit they couldn't move before
    And to say it's good to rid yourself of "underperforming dealers" is ridiculous. Go from moving some units to none out of a store front doesn't seem like a good plan to sell bikes.
    efilgnikcufecin

  8. #8

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Did you really bite that shitty bait? Jeebus. And stop quoting that maroon, some of us have him on ignore for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Busamouse View Post
    Fucking Unions killed this country.Still are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    the U.S. government doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem

  9. Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Bad day for the little guy but it surely is what must be done to help the company grow as a whole...back in my Redline bike days as director of marketing when I came there they had just a few good dealers and tons of bullshit dealers that cherry picked the line and bought maybe 10 bikes a year, if that. I set up an aggressive tiered "commitment" buy in that offered those who stepped up HUGE margins. The little dealers who never partnered up to build the line could still buy but were at a tremendous pricing disadvantage and eventually either stepped up to the plate or just stopped buying, the first year sales were up like 17% and another 12% the next year. The inside sales people were pissed at first but soon realized it was easier to sell a hundred bikes to a partner and maintain that relationship than get jerked off for a bike every couple months by a cherry picker.

    Good for Suzuki, takes a hard swallow but will be beneficial in the end.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    On the buckle of the Bible Belt.
    Posts
    18,628

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Quote Originally Posted by sehguh bor View Post
    Bad day for the little guy but it surely is what must be done to help the company grow as a whole.../---/

    Good for Suzuki, takes a hard swallow but will be beneficial in the end.
    There it is...

    The cost of carrying a single digit dealer is too great. Mopar did the same thing 4 or 5 years ago during their reorganization.


    .
    ===============================================================
    God is not on the side of the big Battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best. - Voltaire

  11. Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    I had read that GM didn't pay them for two model years of engines Suzuki built for them. I hope Suzuki turns around as they have produced some of the best production engines of all time! It would be a shame to loose them! Kawi, not so much, half the quality of Suzuki. I agree that this "Harley" thing is sickening. It has influenced the motorcycle industry negatively to make copies of Harleys rather then make new exciting bikes. Somehow this Harley mentality caught on, and made it cool to ride antiques instead of technological motorcycles.
    I've been trying to understand it, and I think I finally get it.

    What it is, is most that buy a Harley, don't buy them for their capabilities, but rather to join a group. Now they "belong" and most can't afford one, so they don't want them to change, because change makes last years obsolete. Whats the difference between a 10 year old Harley and a new one? The new one still has tube tires for Gods sake! So resale is better because they don't change enough to make anyone really want a new one. I rode last years models, a "Slim" And a "Fat boy" and I can honestly tell you it was depressing as hell! I couldn't believe how gutless and shitty they were to ride. And then the price tag, OMG!!!

    They (Harley) sold a lifestyle, not a motorcycle. They get by with this because people think they can buy "coolness" and friends. Whoever figured that out was a genius!

    Harley Davidson, the least amount of machine for the most amount of money! Created for the Sheeple

  12. Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon-A View Post
    I had read that GM didn't pay them for two model years of engines Suzuki built for them. I hope Suzuki turns around as they have produced some of the best production engines of all time! It would be a shame to loose them! Kawi, not so much, half the quality of Suzuki. I agree that this "Harley" thing is sickening. It has influenced the motorcycle industry negatively to make copies of Harleys rather then make new exciting bikes. Somehow this Harley mentality caught on, and made it cool to ride antiques instead of technological motorcycles.
    I've been trying to understand it, and I think I finally get it.

    What it is, is most that buy a Harley, don't buy them for their capabilities, but rather to join a group. Now they "belong" and most can't afford one, so they don't want them to change, because change makes last years obsolete. Whats the difference between a 10 year old Harley and a new one? The new one still has tube tires for Gods sake! So resale is better because they don't change enough to make anyone really want a new one. I rode last years models, a "Slim" And a "Fat boy" and I can honestly tell you it was depressing as hell! I couldn't believe how gutless and shitty they were to ride. And then the price tag, OMG!!!

    They (Harley) sold a lifestyle, not a motorcycle. They get by with this because people think they can buy "coolness" and friends. Whoever figured that out was a genius!

    Harley Davidson, the least amount of machine for the most amount of money! Created for the Sheeple
    Yep I can agree with you on those Harleys, I have two 92 Fatboy and 94 Heritage, keeping them as a reminder not to buy another Harley plus they already paid for and both has less than 18,000 miles. Used them for long distance riding such as Laughlin or Reno and that is it. Not good for riding in San Francisco cause of it's bad brakes.

    I rode my friends 2012 ultra with the 103 engine and to me it has the same junk brakes and tranny and handling as any out dated Harley. But if you want to pick up the chicks, they love harleys

  13. #13

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    I wont have to worry about my dealer, he is always in the top ten in the nation in sales and service and has been #1 many times over his dealerships 45 yr history, his father started it when I was just a kid and I bought my first street bike from him, I have bought 3 more since then and have referred many many customers

    he owns the entire block his shop is on so his overhead is nil, electricity and property tax plus the normal shop expenses..

  14. #14

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Is that aurora?
    efilgnikcufecin

  15. #15

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Quote Originally Posted by wormser77 View Post
    Is that aurora?
    yup, right by green lake

  16. #16

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedMister View Post
    yup, right by green lake
    Might be ordering one soon from Randy. Yellow with the Brembo's maybe.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Might be ordering one soon from Randy. Yellow with the Brembo's maybe.

    oh SNAP! the monster lives!!

    you're doing OK then?

    wow, been a while, the yellow one is dope but you already know this...

  18. #18

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedMister View Post
    oh SNAP! the monster lives!!

    you're doing OK then?

    wow, been a while, the yellow one is dope but you already know this...
    Been out for a while, I know. Kind of doing my own thing in reshaping the economy, on a personal basis, mind you. Although, a lot of what I have been setting up will be to give back to those less fortunate. There is no take without giving. Charity is a wonderful thing.

    I just spoke with Mike there at AS, apparently Randy just rolls through to say 'Hi' when he feels the need. I hope retirement serves him well.

    Yellow two weeks out. Check

  19. Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Wow, McAlister is still doing his thing there at Aurora Suz, huh? I bought my GS1100 from those guys 30 years ago. I think Randy got that place from his parents.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bear View Post
    Wow, McAlister is still doing his thing there at Aurora Suz, huh? I bought my GS1100 from those guys 30 years ago. I think Randy got that place from his parents.

    yup, the ol' man gave it to randy and randy retired so his daughter runs it, they sell Hyosung now, they have a 1985 gs700 on the floor right now


  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Hayabusaland, CA
    Posts
    38,016

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bear View Post
    Wow, McAlister is still doing his thing there at Aurora Suz, huh? I bought my GS1100 from those guys 30 years ago. I think Randy got that place from his parents.
    Holy shit!

    Look what the cat drug in

    Good to see you here Harm.

    Gar

    Godspeed little buddy

  22. #22

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    100 total nation wide.
    - pro libertate

  23. #23

    Default Re: Suzuki Cutting/Closing Motorcycle dealerships..

    Suzuki is like the iphone...passe'
    Nothing new same old shit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •