View Poll Results: Thread the belt to the

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

8 15.69%
  • Left

43 84.31%

Thread: What side should a MAN put his belt on?

Default What side should a MAN put his belt on?

Should a man thread his belt to the right?
    Or to the Left?

"Life is a dream, realize it." Mother Teresa.

rob

Default Re: What side should a MAN put his belt on?

I never wear a belt. But when I did, it was installed counter clockwise.
    Funny thing about belts, if you wear a 32 inch waist you need about a 38 inch belt.
    There's real horsepower, and there's DynoJet horsepower.
    Don't get confused, DynoJet horsepower is not real horsepower.

To the left. That way, when someone needs a beating, you can hold their arm with your left hand, unbelt with your right, and you're ready for action. I can still hear the sound of my dad's belt hitting each loop as it came out.

If you're a lefty, I don't know.
    Eat a bowl of fuck.

Especially you scab cocksuckers.

4. Default Re: What side should a MAN put his belt on?

Army dictates excess goes towards the left.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Your title with emphasis on "MAN", do women thread belts the other way when wearing jeans? If so, I've never noticed.
    When in doubt, gas it. It may not solve the problem, but it will end the suspense.

Dirty Pete & BigBusa voted I see

Dont believe everything you think

satansville,x street down from hell, last train,back in L.A.

what ever way is working I would not change it. Kinda like dressing to the left, the one day you fuck that up you might get run over and shit. Better idea is if you wear one on the bike put the buckle off the the side of your hip, so it doesn't hit the tank. I get superstitious about gearing up routines. Every time I wrecked it was the time I was in a hurry and put the right glove on first and then buckled the chin strap with 'em on.
    La Isla Mujeres 55IZ2LO
    A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire
    http://www.labusas.org/photopost/dat...diablo.jpg?308

Yes, that's why I posted the question.
    I believe that women and men are supposed to thread them opposite ways.

I also think that women's shirts have the buttons on the right hand side of the front of the shirt????

No?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpSpeed View Post
    Your title with emphasis on "MAN", do women thread belts the other way when wearing jeans? If so, I've never noticed.

"Life is a dream, realize it." Mother Teresa.

rob

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Cylinder View Post
    I never wear a belt. But when I did, it was installed counter clockwise.
    Funny thing about belts, if you wear a 32 inch waist you need about a 38 inch belt.

How do you keep your gun in place?
    -- Wayne

10. Default Re: What side should a MAN put his belt on?

another bert thread.

I see the kids at the car wash have started putting the buckle behind them. Maybe to prevent scratching the cars?

11. Default Re: What side should a MAN put his belt on?

It should go to the left side. I am left handed and go to the right. I know because I have a nice belt that when I wear it, a pin shows on top that should be on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzuki View Post
    I also think that women's shirts have the buttons on the right hand side of the front of the shirt????
    Some do, some don't. That custom dates back to when ladies were dressed by their servants and it was more convenient for the buttons to be arranged that way. Shouldn't really matter these days.
    Knowing is half the battle. The other half is violence.

This is actually a serious consideration if you carry a pistol. Make sure the loose end of the belt is away from the side you carry on. It could interfere with drawing your pistol in a tight situation and it could also get caught inside the trigger guard when you reholster. It's happened before with the brass end of a military issue belt.

I have belts that buckle differently. On one, the loose end of the belt loops back to the side you fed it from, so I have to start that one from the opposite side I do with my conventional belts to keep it clear of my carry side.

I wish I never had to think about stuff like this.

I am the same for I have to remember how I used belts in civy clothing, but when I put on a Sam Brown for PPC shooting the same, to also in IPSC it is the same as nothing to inder in holster & gun to the spare speed-loaders, of the pouches carrying quick to remove magazines.

Sill what about ZIPPERS for there are those set up for women & others set-up for MALES. I just had to put in this bit for I had a number of zippers replaced in my m/c jackets, to skiing jackets so there was the correct or wrong side. Also the only good zippers are made in Canada along with the USA, but the crappy ones come from China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you I spotted just a jacket to feel warm in & of all things it was made in Bangladesh with a top rate zipper. A few yrs later the store had them on sale for an almost nothing price, so bought one & have two of them.
    Last edited by Smitty; 11-14-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

this thread makes me miss my chain belt.
    I want to make a promise to you, the reader. And I don't know if I can fulfill it tomorrow, or even the day after that. But I put the bastards of this world on notice that I do not have their best interests at heart. I will try and speak for my reader. That is my promise. And it will be a voice made of ink and rage."

suspenders rule fools(in my best Mr T accent)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzuki View Post
    Should a man thread his belt to the right?
    Or to the Left?
    Depends on the maker.

a man puts his belt how ever the fuck he wants. if people dont like it thats there problem

Quote Originally Posted by ZX12Hef View Post
    I usually put it on her right side first then across her legs. Coupla times she made me put it right across her face. You guys sound like you wear yours.

...no, you really don't know me.

Quote Originally Posted by CID View Post
    Depends on the maker.

Hillary Clinton in 1970.

Which failed policies are you willing to fund out of your wealth/income in perpetuity? The debt is now over 15 trillion plus the unfunded liabilities in Medicare and Social Security. Are you going to let the AARP determine the issues? Vote for Ron Paul.

ahdamnit i was just about to say that for some reason the pic looked kinda hot.