Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Tablet status...

Default HP Tablet status...

thought I would pass this along...

Thank you for your continued interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad. We wanted to update you with a status of your order 0000000

Your order is still confirmed, and we are fulfilling orders daily based on the time the order was received. We expect all orders to ship by October 31st. We will continue to update you of any changes to this date via email until your order ships. We apologize that we cannot give you an exact ship date for your order. Please note that planned ship and delivery dates on the Order Status page are not accurate for TouchPad orders. You will receive a final shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has actually shipped.

If this timeline is not acceptable, please send an email to TouchPadCancel@hp.com with your instructions for cancellation within a week. Be sure to include your HP order number and the name and ship-to address on the order. Also please indicate clearly if this is the only order requiring cancellation or if you wish all orders in your name to be canceled. You will receive an automated cancel notification when your order cancellation request has been processed. Please be aware, however, that cancellations cannot be reversed, and our US SMB store has sold out of HP TouchPad and will not make any further available for sale.

In addition, at the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30-day return policy and is not returnable.

If you used a credit card for your purchase: Please check the expiration date of the card used for your TouchPad purchase. If it is set to expire within the next few weeks, you will need to contact HP immediately to update the expiration or provide a new card number. You can call 1-800-888-0292, opt 3 to speak to an SMB representative or you can send an email to TouchPadCancel@hp.com with the subject line “CREDIT CARD CALL-BACK.” Please provide the name on the order, the HP order number and a phone number where you can be reached, and a Customer Service Representative will call you back to update the credit card information. Also note that the credit card used for the purchase will be charged at the time of shipment.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,
    Your HP Small and Medium Business Team
    www.hp.com/go/touchpadFAQ
    "..some gave all, KIA.."

Default Re: HP Tablet status...

Cool, I'll pass this on to my buddy who ordered 2...

The less expensive and fully supported Kindle Fire will be out before you get your touchpad

I've been using the TP quite a bit lately- there are a couple thousand nerds working on improving webOS, and updates and apps are constantly coming out for it.

I've got mine overclocked to 1.5GHz (which is still within factory specs as HP runs the same processor at that speed in other devices) as well as some useful apps- it's great for emails and web surfing (one negative is that it's awful for picking up fingerprints, but that's s small price to pay).

All-in-all it was a steal and a great purchase (and it cost less than a Kindle Fire- the 16GB is half the price, and the 32GB is $50 less- which I also have on order and will hopefully arrive next month).
    Last edited by gobrian77; 10-05-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Why would you over clock anything if you're mostly doing emails and surfing on it?

It's been loading web pages and videos much faster/smoother since I increased the processor speed (it was 1.2GHz before).

Has your battery life taken a hit?

Quote Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
    Has your battery life taken a hit?
    yes. Anything over clocked eats more juice...

Not that I've noticed- it's not as good as an iPad battery, but I would estimate 6-7 hours of use before a recharge, even after overclocking (probably closer to 8 before).

Check PrecCentral for the latest news
    I never thought I would live in a country where more than half of the people vote for a hand out instead of a hand up.

PreCentral is great for TP info- their 'setting up a new Touch Pad' thread is a must-read.

Thank you for your continued interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad. Good news - your order # 0000000 should ship out within the next 2 weeks with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has actually shipped. Remember, at the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30 day return policy and is not returnable.

that is all...
    "..some gave all, KIA.."

Have had mine for a couple weeks now. Going to see the son tomorrow and get all the new low down.
    I never thought I would live in a country where more than half of the people vote for a hand out instead of a hand up.

I haven't been following any of this so if it's old news...

Final Shipment Of $150 HP Touchpads Headed To Best Buy

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/a...-best-buy.html

Just passing it along cuz I know some of ya'll were into it.

In 2010 I bought a base HP laptop running Win 7 w/ 64 bit system. Cheap, yes- pos almost unusable without installing Google gears. Fuck my 2006 built Asus Crosshair with a AMD 4800 duel core chip is 1,000,000 X faster!

Which failed policies are you willing to fund out of your wealth/income in perpetuity? The debt is now over 15 trillion plus the unfunded liabilities in Medicare and Social Security. Are you going to let the AARP determine the issues? Vote for Ron Paul.

Can we get a miserable user hack on luckystrike?

All he ever does is piss in peoples Cheerios.

I'm gonna set Android up on one of my Touch Pads today or tomorrow (it's a bit involved, but I think I can do it).

Read an article recently saying that HP is going to hitch their wagon to Windows 8 for their next tablet OS.
    "There is nothing more unequal than the equal treatment of unequal people.." - Thomas Jefferson..........that is exactly what is fucked up about today's society, takers want to be treated the same as producers and that is bullshit my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by F3Zak View Post
    In 2010 I bought a base HP laptop running Win 7 w/ 64 bit system. Cheap, yes- pos almost unusable without installing Google gears. Fuck my 2006 built Asus Crosshair with a AMD 4800 duel core chip is 1,000,000 X faster!
    Sounds like you got what you paid for....a beer can model without any guts.

My 17" HP laptop which I bought in 2010 is running Win7 64 bit and this fucker just simply rips, most stable computer I've purchased in the past 20 years.
    When in doubt, gas it. It may not solve the problem, but it will end the suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpSpeed View Post
    Sounds like you got what you paid for....a beer can model without any guts.

My 17" HP laptop which I bought in 2010 is running Win7 64 bit and this fucker just simply rips, most stable computer I've purchased in the past 20 years.
    Guess so!

Which failed policies are you willing to fund out of your wealth/income in perpetuity? The debt is now over 15 trillion plus the unfunded liabilities in Medicare and Social Security. Are you going to let the AARP determine the issues? Vote for Ron Paul.

I tried setting up Android and fucked it up (the process, I mean- the Touch Pad is fine).

I was in kind of a rush- I'm gonna try it again when I have more time, but it's kind of difficult and technical and probably over my head as, sadly, I'm no computer genius.

There are no guides for this procedure yet, Brian?
    Most of the better custom ROM builders for smart phones list an order of steps on how to do things.
    Then link you to other guides on how to unscrew things because you didn't read the steps you were supposed to.

Received my 32gb Touchpad yesterday via one hell of a generous member. This thing is great, just really a nice device and an insane deal at $150
    When in doubt, gas it. It may not solve the problem, but it will end the suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
    There are no guides for this procedure yet, Brian?
    Most of the better custom ROM builders for smart phones list an order of steps on how to do things.
    Then link you to other guides on how to unscrew things because you didn't read the steps you were supposed to.
    Yeah, I had a rough guide, but it made certain assumptions as to what you already knew (which I didn't)- I'll try it again, and if it doesn't work I'll wait until it gets easier.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpSpeed View Post
    Received my 32gb Touchpad yesterday via one hell of a generous member. This thing is great, just really a nice device and an insane deal at $150
    Warp- read though this thread and do the updates- it improves the Touch Pad quite a bit.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

The Uberkernel and Govna do make a noticeable difference in speed.
    - pro libertate

Mine came with a torque button
    ...no, you really don't know me.

Quote Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
    The less expensive and fully supported Kindle Fire will be out before you get your touchpad

Apple next time.

30. Default Re: HP Tablet status...

Apple next time.
    Lol.

Seriously though, won't be long we'll be running ice cream on our touchpads.

$150 for 32gb android tablet. Winning.

Apple next time.
    I have an iPAD 2 with IOS 5 sitting right next to me and you know what? Aside from it's gorgeous screen I hate this thing.

I much prefer my Viewsonic Gtablet with Flashback 10 on it.
    The object of a system of authority is order, not justice. Justice matters only after injustice sufficiently compromises order

Quote Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
    The Uberkernel and Govna do make a noticeable difference in speed.
    Are you gonna set it up for Android, Jeff? I would be interested to hear how you make out (probably better than me...)

Apparently there are kernels available that can overclock the TP to 1.7GHz-1.9GHz, but Precentral won't allow links for them to be posted due to potential liability issues- the Uberkernel is perfectly safe as HP runs the same processor at 1.5GHz (stock for the TP it's set at 1.2GHz) in other devices and warranties it.

Brian, I've bookmarked that page. So far I've just done the real easy stuff - logging turn off, secure search, verified I was already on wpa2, etc. 1.5ghz will be a project when I have more time and have had some sleep!

The setting up of 'Developer Mode' and downloading the necessary software to your desktop and then attaching the TP via USB and transferring it over is kind of a pain (though not really difficult) but it's well worth doing.

Setting up Android, on the other hand...

Mine is overclocked, etc but just sits on my entertainment stand telling me the time while docked in it's TouchStone. That's all it's been doing for over a month now. I'll dust it off when Icecream can be loaded on it easily. The WebOS system is very nice and I liked it, but with no future in it, I'm not going to waste time with that. Been using my Ipad2 instead for the time being.

-Wicked
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    wickedspeed was born footless, like The Stig, he merely has two pedastals at the ends of his legs to rest his enormous bollocks on

Quote Originally Posted by gobrian77 View Post
    Are you gonna set it up for Android, Jeff? I would be interested to hear how you make out (probably better than me...)
    It's not ready for prime time right now, so I'll wait and see when 4.x is up and running and stable.

I only use if in front of the TV, so I'm not going to invent a lot of time into the pad.
    - pro libertate

I'm gonna set Android up on one of my Touch Pads today or tomorrow (it's a bit involved, but I think I can do it).

First of all running the HPT at 1.5 is not overclocking that is actually native speed. For some silly reason HP actually down clocked the processor to 1.2 so after you install and run "Preware" you are able to clock the processor to native processor speed.

I ported mine to Android, and it runs good. I also left the Palm OS installed on a separate partition so I can dual boot my Tab. Keep in mind the version I am using is only an "Alpha" port but I have to admit it's a pretty stable alpha. Cyogenmod is the group responsible for developing the porting the HPT to the Android OS. Im a script kitty, so it was no biggie to port it. I also root my phones, so it was not to tough to figure out. Of course as will all mods you run the risk of "bricking" your device. But if you can read, and have a little technical savyness, and you like to dabble with code scripts. Then porting your HP device will be no problem to do.

If any of you would like links to XDA developers lemme know and I will direct you where to go and what you will need to download port the HPT correctly. FYI you will need to run tweaks and the version of Android GB is not the final release, eventually there will probably be a one click "APK" that will make it easy for all but until then this is the only method to do it.

Have Fun Modders!

Cheers!!

"Power without control is nothing "

Those CM7 guys are everywhere!

Well shit howdy, lookitdat Android runnin' sumbitch! I'll wait until one of the developers at work messes with one

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
    Those CM7 guys are everywhere!
    Yes indeed they are, quite brilliant! I'm always on the XDA Developer forums, it's geek candy man!
    Last edited by aeonflux; 11-03-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aeonflux View Post

I ported mine to Android, and it runs good. I also left the Palm OS installed on a separate partition so I can dual boot my Tab. Keep in mind the version I am using is only an "Alpha" port but I have to admit it's a pretty stable alpha. Cyogenmod is the group responsible for developing the porting the HPT to the Android OS. Im a script kitty, so it was no biggie to port it. I also root my phones, so it was not to tough to figure out. Of course as will all mods you run the risk of "bricking" your device. But if you can read, and have a little technical savyness, and you like to dabble with code scripts. Then porting your HP device will be no problem to do.

If any of you would like links to XDA developers lemme know and I will direct you where to go and what you will need to download port the HPT correctly. FYI you will need to run tweaks and the version of Android GB is not the final release, eventually there will probably be a one click "APK" that will make it easy for all but until then this is the only method to do it.

Have Fun Modders!

Cheers!!
    See, you're losing me already- I have no idea how to set up a partition.

I'd be happy to know of any links you have available that might help me out- you can PM them to me if you don't want to post them for any reason- I would appreciate (and can use ) the help.

See, you're losing me already- I have no idea how to set up a partition.

I'd be happy to know of any links you have available that might help me out- you can PM them to me if you don't want to post them for any reason- I would appreciate (and can use ) the help.

http://kan.gd/17fw

Most important thing... is to read everything before you begin.
    - pro libertate

I might give it a shot this weekend- that site makes me feel old and stupid, though.

Yep that's the place! Oh FYI I am running Alpha1 NOT Alpha2

Alpha1 is way more stable, Alpha2 is crash city!!!!

The hardest thing to find is the Novacom installer. Here is a link to DOWNLOAD. You cannot port you HPT without this!!!!

http://universal-novacom-installer.googlecode.com/files/UniversalNovacomInsta...
    Last edited by aeonflux; 11-03-2011 at 08:34 PM.

I might give it a shot this weekend- that site makes me feel old and stupid, though.

LMAO! I love that site, always a good read.
    Last edited by aeonflux; 11-03-2011 at 08:37 PM.

If you like pics.....

- pro libertate

I've got Android successfully running on the Touch Pad (along with the Google market)- it was a bit of a pain to get it right, but it's working great.

There are some helpful YouTube video that make it a little easier.

I've got Android successfully running on the Touch Pad (along with the Google market)- it was a bit of a pain to get it right, but it's working great.

There are some helpful YouTube video that make it a little easier.
    Tried it, but it is still a bit too buggy for general consumption. The biggest drawback for me is it does not seem to wake from hibernation without a hard reset.

I haven't had any problems at all- are you using the newer version?

I haven't had any problems at all- are you using the newer version?
    Yes, the latest from Cyanogen.