Thread: Do Dozers have VIN numbers?

1. Default Do Dozers have VIN numbers?

I've been watching a bulldozer thats been sitting on the side of the road near my house for about 4 years. Someone bought a big back lot, punched in a road and cleared the lot for a subdivision but must have gone belly-up when the real estate bubble burst. The dozer had a for sale sign on it for a few months but has been untouched since. Its a Deere 410 with a 6 way blade. Probably late 1980s or early 90s. I want to make a rediculous offer on it and see if someone will bite but I need to find out who has title to it before I make any moves. Do dozers have VIN numbers and are they titled like a car or bike or ATV? Can you do a title search on one?

Default Re: Do Dozers have VIN numbers?

I bought an old Bobcat that had been abandoned.....I took the VIN to the local Bobcat dealer and was eventually able to find the rightful owner.....it was a fun deal! Do it!
    Supplier of LABusas' FASTEST Billets...

3. Default Re: Do Dozers have VIN numbers?

I worked for bobcat and was suprised to find out that while they have vin numbers they are not registered with any city or state agency. The dealers try to keep up on who owns what just for their own records but many who sell them dont bother to contact dealership to change names when reselling, this also causes problems when a unit has been stolen as to who the rightful owner is. And they are stolen alot..... having a universal key that can be bought at any dealer for 5 bucks doesnt help make them very secure.

If it's got 4 year old diesel/water in it, then I dunno how well it's going to run...
    YEAH, I "FACILITATE" NOOBIES INTO RIDERS, MOSTLY.

MSF RIDERCOACH

My Bobcat sat outside for 3-4 years and with a fresh battery cranked and drove out of there under its own power...
    Supplier of LABusas' FASTEST Billets...

6. Default Re: Do Dozers have VIN numbers?

I think its a gas motor. I checked the coolant and its still holding antifreeze. So I think the block is intact. Tracks look decent and it has a root rake set up but the fingers are missing.

7. Default Re: Do Dozers have VIN numbers?

dupe

Talking Re: Do Dozers have VIN numbers?

Industrial equipment will have a serial number, but no title or registration.

Most have some kind of code so you can tell model and year from it, and maybe even some options.